Massachusetts Family Law Attorney
Divorce is the legal process that ends marriage. However, it usually involves much more than signing a few documents. Going through divorce raises significant emotional issues for most people. In addition, it forces people to think about their futures and those of their children. Finally, divorce is almost always inseparable from money and property. This combination of financial, emotional and child-related issues makes it important to have knowledgeable and compassionate representation that will address both the legal matters and the associated problems. Only then can a divorce be finalized, allowing the parties to move on with their lives.
Going through a divorce is one of the most stressful events in a person's life. Everything you own and have worked so hard for is at stake - your children, your home, your career, and your retirement. Not to mention that your life is turned upside down.
Comprehensive Divorce Practice in Eastern Massachusetts
With offices in Norwood and Woburn and our offices throughout the region, Massachusetts Family Law Group is known for providing clients with aggressive and caring advocacy and counsel in all matters related to divorce, including:
- Thinking about divorce: Including planning divorce and hiring a divorce lawyer
- Information about the divorce process: Including complaints, motions, hearings, discovery and trials
- Issues in court hearings: Such as contested divorce, contempt hearings, alimony modifications and changes to parenting plans and child visitation
- Children and divorce: Children are usually the biggest casualty in divorce. Our attorneys are especially committed to protecting the children of clients, seeking outcomes that will be in their best interests.
- Financial matters: Including child support and spousal support
- Property division: Including dealing with the marital home and dividing retirement accounts
- Possible divorce dangers: We advise our clients to be alert to a wide range of divorce-related issues that can have long-term negative consequences if not handled correctly.
- What dads need to know: Fathers have rights, too. We advocate for equal treatment for fathers and promote fathers' rights in Massachusetts. Our goal is for fathers to be active parents – not just visitors!
Our clients include people from all walks of life. We represent men and women, highly paid corporate executives and professionals, and single moms seeking fair child support. Our attorneys have more than 100 years of cumulative experience and rely on each other and our statewide brain trust to provide clients with the highest possible level of representation.
For a free, no-obligation consultation with a Boston divorce attorney, call 800-763-1030 or e-mail us to learn more about our comprehensive divorce practice. We represent clients throughout eastern Massachusetts, including those from Beverly, Chelmsford, Dedham and Gloucester and all communities in Norfolk, Suffolk, Middlesex and Essex counties.
If both you and your spouse are committed to moving through the divorce process in a strategic, less contentious way, learn more about our flat-fee uncontested divorce services.